Joseph is also a picture of Christ - offended by those he loves, forgiver of those who offended him.
The Life And Rhymes Of Joseph
· 37 Joseph was his father’s fave, So his brothers sold him as a slave
· 38 Judah, Joe’s brother, with many a flaw, would get played by his daughter-in-law
· 40 Pharaoh had a dream while Joseph was in jail, Joe told him to prepare because food would fail
· 41 Joseph was now the Pharoah’s dude, Put in charge of Egypt’s food
· 42 The famine brought Joe’s Bros to starvation, so they went South to the other nation
· 43-50 The brothers in desperation were famished
The went to their brother who they made vanish
They didn’t know that it was him
But Joseph did graciously forgive them
Genesis 39:3-4 "And his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord made all he did to prosper in his hand. So Joseph found favor in his sight, and served him. Then he made him overseer of his house, and all that he had he put under his authority."
His work ethic is a model for all of us given the stewardship of work.
2. Transformational Evidence: God’s Presence In Us Should Be Noticed By The World (Gen 39:3)
3. Honoring Service: We Aim To Please; We Aim To Serve (Gen 39:4)
4. Material Trust: “Financial Security” Is Your Middle Name (Gen 39:5-6a)
5. Sexual Fidelity: Avoid The Temptation Of Flirtation – Bust The Lust (Gen 39:6b-10)
- When Pursued, Don’t Play Along With Sexual Banter Or Propositions (6b-8b)
- When Tested, Remember Who Has Your Trust (8b)
- When Tempted, Clarify Appropriate Boundaries Before Co-workers And Spouses (9a)
- When Lured, Assert The Sinfulness Of Sin And The Holiness Of God (9b)
- When Surrounded, Refuse To Listen Or Participate (10)
- When Touched, Repel From The Inappropriate Touch (11-12)